EXPRESSION: GOD BLESS AMERICA


During basketball season, I only had two jobs. 1. Take stats of how much time each player played. 2. Play the national anthem before home games with Laynie. Let me tell you, #2 was probably one of the most stressful jobs I've ever had (darn you, six silent seconds before the first note!). But thanks to that experience, I can guarantee to you that (when I randomly break out as a super awesome singing star) I will NOT be one of those pathetic celebrities who forgets the lyrics to the National Anthem on live TV (I mean really, people)! So in honor of our country's 237th birthday, I thought I'd remind you . . .

Oh say, can you see
By the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed
At the twilight's last gleaming
Whose broad stripes and bright stars
Through the perilous fight
'Or the ramparts we watched
Were so gallantly streaming
And the rockets' red glare
The bombs bursting in air
Gave proof through the night
That our flag was still there
Oh say, does that star spangled banner yet wave
'Or the land of the free
And the home of the brave

So I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to 1. God for blessing our nation far beyond what we deserve, and 2. our soldiers who fight so bravely and give up so much. Have a happy 4th! 

image via loveitsomuch

1 comment:

Ms. Mistor. All rights reserved. © Adorable Design.