COLLEGE MUST-HAVES

Of course I knew I'd need supplies like towels, folders, and a shower caddy, but there are some things I didn't think of/know I'd need before I went to school. Here are my top 6 items that have come in handy more often than not:




1. String lights - Fluorescents aren't so homey and my clip lamp is kind of blinding. These string lights  from Target that my roommate lent me make our room feel so much warmer and inviting.

2. Fun push-pins - Unless your school has super strict rules about what you do to your walls, I think most dorms allow at least pushpins. My walls are textured so tape doesn't stick very well; these pins that I got as a gift make putting pictures up so much easier!

3. Mini steamer - Basically everyone in my unit has needed my steamer at one time or another. So much easier than an ironing, this steamer straightens most fabrics and is small enough to fit nicely in the top shelf of my closet.

4. Friendly demeanor - After we got to know people really well my friends and I started asking about their first impressions of us. My most common answer: I looked stuck up and like I didn't want to talk to anybody (one friend even went as far "the most stuck up person in the world"... yikes!). I know I just kind of "have that face" but I was a bit surprised at how many people said this about me! They admitted that once they talked to me they thought differently, but still, I learned a lesson: don't trust first impressions too much and try to look pleasant around people ;) (image source)

5. Popcorn maker - I don't use it more than once or twice a week, but it's great to have around when you rreeaallllyy need a snack after curfew. This one from Target is incredibly easy to use and produces delicious results!

6. Hydrogen peroxide - Whether you need it for laundry purposes, ear piercing (seriously), or hair-dying like my unit has, hydrogen peroxide is great to have around. Pick it up for a few bucks at CVS or Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ms. Mistor. All rights reserved. © Adorable Design.